* New concern for breast cancer survivors who had radiation - damage the heart! One suggestion - extra emphasis on lowering heart risk: watch for diabetes, manage blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels. Important: this study is not DES specific but obviously DES Daughters and Mothers should pay attention.
* Judge-ordered negotiations between Eli Lilly and plaintiffs in the DES Breast Cancer case not going well. The first lawsuit was settled in Jan., but no settlements have been hammered out for other DES Daughters who've filed suit. Lilly's Annual Report gives a clue. On pg 80 of the 100 page document it says:
We believe these claims are without merit and are prepared to defend against them vigorously. More trials if no settlements.
* Terrific tribute for an amazing woman! Spryliving.com has named DES Action USA Board Member Jackie as a VIP for her activism about DES!
* A NEW BOOK about the DES experience! Silent Trauma by Judith Barrow is fiction but facts are true. Help spread DES awareness - get the book for a friend.
* So proud! DES Action is a Top-Rated nonproft by the group Great Nonprofits! Read our awesome reviews.
* What Happened To Us Should Never Happen Again" - a Psychology Today blog post by DES Action USA Executive Director Fran Howell.
* The risk for Clear Cell Adenocarcinoma (CCA) remains a concern for DES Daughters. An analysis suggests an elevated risk for this vaginal/cervical cancer in DES Daughters as they age.
* A well written BLOG: "The Journal of a DES Daughter" who lives in the U.K. shows just how international the DES tragedy is.
* Pat Cody's Book, DES VOICES: From Anger to Action - download order form.
*SHOP ONLINE and HELP DES Action USA at no cost to you! See all the coupons and discounts.